Question Bank (objective)
1. Which country became full-fledged territorial state in Europe in the year 1789?
2. When was the first clear expression of nationalism noticed in Europe?
3. Who made the painting about 'Democratic and Social Republics?
4. In which year the painting was made?
5. What was the name of the painting?
6. Define Utopian.
7. Define Absolutism.
8. Which countries were already nation states in the 1848?
9. What does torch represent in the hand of statue of Liberty?
10. What is Statue of Liberty holding?
11. What does shattered remains in the foreground of the painting represent?
12. What represents Fraternity in the painting?
13. During the 19th century nationalism emerged as a force which brought about sweeping changes in the ________ and __________ world of Europe.
14. What is modern state?
15. What is a nation – state?
16. What is difference between modern state and nation state?
17. Define Plebiscite.
18. ____ was a full fledged territorial state in 1789 under an absolute monarch.
19. What is ‘la patrie’?
20. What is ‘le citoyen’?
21. A new French flag was chosen to replace the former _____.
22. The estate General was elected by the body of active citizen’s and renamed the _________.
23. Regional dialects were discouraged and ______ became the common language of the nation.
24. In which year was the Napoleonic Code introduced?
25. When did Napoleon lost the battle of Leipzig?
26. What was the nature of monarchies in Eastern and Central Europe?
27. Which Empire ruled Austria-Hungary in mid-eighteenth century?
28. Which language was spoken in Lombardy and Venetia Provinces of Habsburg Empire?
29. Which Language was spoken in Galicia?
30. Who owned estates in the countryside and town-houses?
31. Which language was mainly spoken by the landed aristocracy?
32. Who cultivated the vast estates in the Central and Eastern Europe?
33. Who cultivated the land in the Western Europe?
34. Where did the industrialization began in the second half of the 18th century?
35. Define suffrage.
36. What is the meaning of ‘Liber’ ?
37. What reduced the women to the status of minor?
38. Who organized opposition movements for equal political rights in the 19th and early 20th century?
39. What is political liberalism?
40. What is economic liberalism?
41. What is ‘elle’?
42. What is zollverein?
43. In which year zollverein was formed?
44. Which country initiated the formation of zollverein?
45. Define ‘conservatism’.
46. When was Napoleon defeated?
47. Which European powers defeated Napoleon?
48. Who hosted Congress of Vienna in 1815?
49. What was the main object of treaty of Vienna?
50. What was the main intention of the countries who drew Treaty of Vienna?